Helping You to Understand Child Care Law
For many of our clients, having a child taken into care is their very first experience coming face to face with childcare law. To the average person, childcare law in the UK seems complicated and clinical — especially when it’s applied to their own children.
We know that not being able to see your child freely or know exactly what’s happening to them at every moment is unsettling and frustrating, to say the least. Not understanding the legal process only intensifies these feelings.
Often, it helps to speak to a childcare solicitor when you feel overwhelmed by child care proceedings.
Our patient and understanding solicitors can help with all aspects of child care, including:
- Putting the child care system into context by speaking in simple terms that are easy to understand.
- Explaining Local Authority decisions in a way that’s less clinical and more compassionate.
- Supporting you in arranging more suitable and frequent terms of contact.
- Informing you of the rights of you and your child.
- Empowering you to speak out if you’re unhappy and appeal against decisions you disagree with.
- Assisting you to make a formal complaint about treatment if you’ve formerly been in or are currently receiving care.
- Helping you to adapt to this new normal (even if it’s only for a short while).
Although we might not be able to transform your situation instantly, we can help you make sense of it while actioning small changes and crafting a long-term plan for a brighter family future.