I qualified as a Solicitor in 1997 and have always specialised in the areas of law that affect older people.
I can assist you with the following
- Advice and Preparation of Wills and lifetime gifting
- Preparation and Registration of Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Registration of Enduring Powers of Attorney
- Advice to those acting as Attorneys or Court appointed Deputies
- Administration of Estates both where there is a Will and when there isn’t
- Advice to Executors and Trustees
- Advice regarding the costs of care including lifetime gifting and deferred payment arrangements
I will always explain issues and solutions using plain English to ensure that the complicated issues which may be involved are easy to understand. I appreciate how stressful dealing with any legal issue can be and I am experienced in making my clients feel comfortable and at ease.
In 2018 I became the Treasurer and a Trustee of the Older People’s Partnership, Hull and East Riding which is a charity dedicated to improving the lives of the over 55s in the local area. I was one of the earliest members of Solicitors for the Elderly which is a nationwide network of Solicitors specialising in this area of work, this provides me with additional understanding and resources to assist me and my clients. I am also a Dementia Friend which has provided me with greater insight of the issues presented to my clients and their families by this devastating disease.